Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Hasan Cave

In our assignment for a photostory, I listened and watched one about Hasankeyf. Hasankeyf is a cliff with old caves and it is still occupied by inhabitant. It is located in the eastern part of Turkey next to the border of Iraq and Syria. Because of its remote location it is difficult to reach the place remained untouched. However, the place is now under threat because of the new dam project. In 5-7 years the place will be covered by water. The Turkish Government has a plan to move the mosque located in the area to higher ground, but the plan is limited in the scope and difficult to implement without destroying it.

The pictures give a visual view of the situation as if I am in that place. It was very effective to use visualization. I think now I had vision in my mind about the place. Without using the photos I hardly could imagine how the place looks like and I might forget about it after reading.

To watch the photostory click here

No comments: