Sunday, October 5, 2008

Global Warming

The United Nations scientific panel declares that global warming is a reality. Human activities are "most likely" the main factor for this increase in temperature for the last 50 years. The average surface temperature of the earth increased by 1 degree Fahrenheit sine 1900 according to the report. The question now is not whether there is an influence of human activities on global warming but rather what to do about it. Al though greenhouse effect helped to warm the earth at early stages, which was necessary to prevent live on this plant, the increase concentration of carbon dioxide will result in warmer plant.

3 comments:

chianew said...

It is looks like a serious problem...maybe the polar bear will lose their home.
So sad.

Daglys said...

Yes I think that global warming is a global problem, and because of this the governments of all the countries have to do something to prevent more effects. At the same time, we have to do our part. For example: Saving energy at home, RIding a bike instead of a car, Buying products free of CFC's etc.

Alyssa R. said...

What do you think? Do you think we can slow down or stop global warming?

Sometimes, I'm not so sure. I try to do my part - I use florescent light bulbs, I take public transportation most of the time, I try to eat local foods (to reduce transportation wastes) among other things. But I'm not sure that it will make a dent in the global warming issue. Maybe I'm too cynical!